Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Uglo Society

The Uglo Society
I have to admit I didn’t know what I was going to go on about this week. What? Had I ranted on about everything I found offensive already? That can’t be possible! I looked around at the world surrounding me and realized I had been hiding in my own little bubble. Everything is so nice in there. But outside – it’s just plain ugly.
Just this morning there was a picture on facebook of a young man with his pants hanging halfway down his ass, and the caption was that this was a sign of availability in prison. Well, I guess it better be ‘cause he sure as hell ain’t goin’ to run very far or very fast dressed like that.
Of course then there’s the women with their boobs hangin’ out to the nipples. Reminds you of an upper body plumber’s picture. They aren’t going to run very far very fast either for fear of everything falling out all over the place. Well, it would spoil the picture if it were all left up to the force of gravity, now wouldn’t it.
But let’s stick to the males. We seem to have a new image emerging. We’ve already talked about blue jeans with fancy sports coats and even tuxedo jackets and track shoes. Now we’ve got more and more people shaving their heads to prove I don’t know what – maybe that they’re too lazy to wash or comb their hair. Well, if that isn’t bad enough, now more and more you see men with stubble beards – like they haven’t shaved for five days or so. What kind of fashion statement is that?
A few years ago Rush Limbaugh did a send up on “Uglo-Americans”, citing them as insidiously infiltrating the whole American public, in stores, offices, on the streets and in all the malls. He put on such a good show; people were actually reacting to it.
Well, be careful what you ask for. You might just get it. And get it we did! We can’t blame it all on the Americans either. Increasingly, there are Uglo-Canadians, Uglo-Brits, Uglo-French and so on. Everybody is creating a whole Uglo-Society. The world looks more like it did in the dirty thirties than it did only a few years ago. Only thing was in the dirty thirties, there was no other choice.
They say you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but holy Hannah – there must be a better variety of covers to be had. Just who is making these fashion statements anyway? I pass one of these creatures on the street, I automatically smell the air to see just how bad hey stink. I tend to sniff the TV too.
As far as I’m concerned, we’re slithering down the slippery slope to what we will become, and its just plain ugly. We are becoming the Uglos. At least that’s the way I see it from up here on the top shelf.

Just sayin’.

No comments:

Post a Comment