Saturday, December 10, 2016

I Resign

I Resign!
Yeah, you heard right! I resign – from government that is. Well, perhaps I ought’a rephrase that a bit. I ain’t in the government so I can’t literally resign from something I ain’t part of to start with, but I can resign from talkin’ about it or readin’ about it, an that’s exactly what I plan to do.
Of course, I’m talkin’ about all that hateful poison bein’ puked out on Facebook an’ Twitter. I never seen such a lot of venom spewed out by normally nice, respectful people who expose themselves for what they really are. I have to say it’s disheartening at the very least and sometimes quite sad. I still haven’t figured out whether this deprecatory behavior is the result of assumed anonymity, a crowd mentality, or just plain ignorance. Could be one or all those things, but it don’t matter one way or the other. The point is, I don’t want to have anythin’ to do with that sort o’ clap-trap.  So, I figure by deletin’ it on my facebook page I’ll accomplish a number o’ things. Firstly, my page’ll be a lot cleaner an’ a lot more positive to look at. An’ secondly, it’ll make my blog appear more boldly. Now I ain’t gonna unfriend anybody. There’s too many other factors important to my friends an’ me. Naw, I just wanna wipe the trash off my page. That way I won’t have to look at it every time I go on there.
But before I do that, I’ll have to confess to one last swipe I took at Kelly Leitch. But I know now what I have to do. I’ll have to abide by the advice I gave to Jamie; that is to get myself a big brown paper bag like the ones we used to get at Eaton’s. Then I can stick my head in it and cuss to my heart’s content without startin’ a fight with someone or somethin’ I care about. At least that’s how it seems to me from up here on the top shelf.

Just sayin’.

No comments:

Post a Comment